A country as vast and varied as Turkey offers countless options for unique travel experiences, and we are always scouting out new ideas to add to our itineraries. Here is a sampling of some ideas we have recently suggested and arranged for our guests touring the Aegean and Mediterranean regions of Turkey:
* Exploring the natural “cotton castles” and thermal baths of Pamukkale
* Visiting colorful farmer markets and sampling local cuisines in quaint beach towns
* Private visits and tastings of wineries (some of the country’s best wines are produced in this region)
* Private tours and tastings of olive producers (Turkey is one of the world’s leading producers of olives, olive oils, and all sorts of olive products!)
* Arranging private, gourmet dinners in a 150-year old stone house that is nestled in a little village – a truly unique cultural and culinary experience
* Taking windsurfing or kitesurfing lessons in Alaçatı (near Çeşme), which is one of the best places in the world for these activities. Then sampling the boutique stores, art galleries, cute restaurants, and cobblestone streets of this vibrant and quaint town at night.
* Visiting the synagogues of Izmir and Sardes as well as the Seven Churches of Revelation
* Taking a “Blue Voyage” cruise on a luxury “gulet” (wooden yacht) from Bodrum, Marmaris, Göcek or Antalya.
* Staying at a boutique or a luxury resort, or a yoga retreat to simply relax and enjoy the turquoise waters!
* Going on a walk on the “Lycian Way” – which has been recognized as one of the top 10 treks in the world, characterized by an amazing combination of pine forests, blue seas, and ancient cities. It is unlike anywhere in the world!